When do you hold your virtual meetings?
- Our meetings are held twice a month on the first Wednesday at 4.00-5.30pm and on the third Monday at 6.30-8.00pm. Check our calendar for upcoming dates.
I’m not sure about Zoom
- We know that some of you might feel intimidated by the technology or the thought of being seen on someone’s screen. You can join us without being seen, if you wish, as the video part of Zoom is switched off when you log in. Give it a try, you may be surprised at how easy it is to participate. And, of course, if you find it’s not for you, you can leave the meeting at any time.
What technical help is there for Zoom?
- Comprehensive help on Zoom can be found HERE.
Do I need to register for any meeting I wish to attend?
- You can register for our Zoom meetings HERE. Once you have registered, you will automatically receive the meeting link and password to every Zoom meeting thereafter at around 11 am on the day of the afternoon meeting and at around 3 pm on the day of the evening meeting. Just click on the link we send you and follow the simple instructions on your screen. That’s all there is to it!
I didn’t receive the link as expected.
- If you have not received your link and password by 3:30 pm on the Monday meeting day or 11:30 am on the Wednesday meeting day, contact us by email and it will be resent to you.
Do I need to wait until the start time to join the meeting?
- We plan to start and finish on time (4:00 – 5:30 or 6:30 – 8:00 pm) so it’s helpful if you can test your equipment/microphone/connection etc beforehand to make sure that you know how to join and that you can both hear and be heard by the rest of the group (this avoids taking the first ten minutes with various connection difficulties). Please join the group a few minutes before the start time. We are happy to do a test Zoom call with you to check this if necessary – contact us by email.
What can I expect from the meetings?
- These meetings are an opportunity for patients to share experiences and to help each other in their recovery journey. The level of participation is up to you. We don’t mind if you simply wish to listen only but sharing your experiences can be very helpful to others. We also aim to have at least one clinician at each meeting to address any questions that you may have.